Looking for some name inspiration? The art of naming a pet can be even more challenging than naming a human child. The difference is, chances are, you might already have a few set ideas for humans that are inspired by family members. For pets, on the other hand, pet parents aim to be a little more creative. The most popular pet names vary greatly across the world. There are, however, certain names that are widely popular for being simple to pronounce and easy to remember.
Pet parents turn to the type of movies and TV shows they consume for a lot of these popular pet names. For example, recently, some popular names for dogs are Simba (inspired from The Lion King) or Pascal (from Tangled).
Below are a few useful tips for naming your pet:
- Pick a short name, ideally with two syllables.
- Find a name that ends with a vowel.
- Avoid names that sound like commands (i.e. the name ‘Jay’ is very similar to the command ‘stay’).
- Don’t give them a name that you wouldn’t want to call them with in public.
- Ideally, you should pick a name within the first two months.
- Make maximum two changes within these first two months.
Expert vet advice at your fingertips
- Get trusted advice on a wide variety of topics
- Speak to a vet within minutes
- Quick, easy and affordable. Vet support made for you
Popular Pet Names
The list of names below can help you either draw inspiration or pick a name for your furry baby. Remember that no matter what you choose, your furry pal will love you all the same! The top 25 most popular pet names in alphabetical order are:
- Van Gogh
Cooper Pet Care’s mission is also to protect our furry friends by providing simple, flexible and transparent healthcare solutions for the pet parents of today. So schedule an instant video consultation with one of our qualified veterinarians and get your pet the care they need.